Congratulations to the 192 NAEOP members who met the May 15, 2016 deadline and completed the requirements for PSP/CEOE qualification and/or recertification. Earning a specialty credential is an important achievement in your career. Now, the next step is to promote your achievement and credential to your employer, colleagues and friends.
· Update your resume to include your new credentials and submit it to your human resources department.
· Request a copy of your certificate be included in your personnel file.
· Send a press release to local media.
· Let your co-workers know what it means to be certified.
· Have some key points available to explain what professional certification means and what value it holds.
· Request to be recognized at the next department/faculty/school board meeting or public event.
· Place your credentials on your name tag and desk name plate if possible. You'll be surprised how many people ask, "What does CEOE stand for?"
· Frame your certificate and display it prominently.
Discuss your achievement with your direct supervisor and outline the value of earning certification.
Click here for more information on PSP.